SOAP is useful for some applications because it isn't tied to a specific operating system or programming language and can be used with any transport protocol.
Why choose the SOAP API?
- Supports text, Unicode, binary SMS and flash messaging.
- Supports extended length messages.
- Converts ringtones and logos into the correct format.
- Use our VCard and VCal converters.
- Delivery acknowledgement and Sender ID can be set up.
- Gateway escalation: Should the message be delayed for a predefined length of time, it can be escalated to an alternative delivery gateway. Queuing lets you specify up to 3 prioritized queues which your messages can be sent out on.
- Batch sending and two-way messaging.
- Specify a delay of up to 7 days when sending messages.
- Allows for batch sending and two-way messaging.
- BONUS FEATURES: Conveniently check your message credits balance, query message delivery status or redeem message credit vouchers through an API call.
The SOAP API is ideal for:
Informing people about important events that require the receiver to take action. These alerts can be automated and triggered by specific events.