FTP API authentication
Two sets of authentication credentials are required to use the FTP API. You will first need to create an FTP API connection within Developers’ Central account.
The explanations below require you to be on the API connection edit screen:
- Log in to your account.
- In the menu select "APIs".
- Then select "Manage APIs".
- Use the table to locate your API and click on 'edit'.
Credentials to log into the Clickatell FTP server
To log into the FTP server you need a username and password.
- The username is your API ID (a number) for your API connection.
- The password is specified in the 'FTP Password' field on this page.
Credentials to use within the text file that will be uploaded
The text file that gets uploaded to the Clickatell FTP server needs to contain and API ID, API username and API password.
- The API ID: this is the number associated with an API connection (the same as your username for logging into the FTP server).
- Username: This is the editable username displayed on this page.
- Password: This is the password under the above mentioned username.