- Send SMS Services. We will provide SMS services as described on our website and for which you have registered.
- Delivery. During transmission, SMS messages may flow through the systems of several mobile networks and aggregators (“the chain”). Your SMS message (MT message) is considered to be delivered once it has been transmitted from our system to our next network service provider in the chain. A SMS message sent by a mobile phone user (MO message) is considered to be delivered when it is submitted from our system to your account. We will try to ensure uninterrupted and continued use of our services; however this is largely dependent on the effective functioning of network service providers’ infrastructure, network coverage and the recipient’s mobile handset.
- Roaming. We can usually transmit MT messages to mobile phone users that are roaming provided that their handset and that the network that they are subscribed to supports roaming on the relevant foreign network and that our network service providers support roaming. We are not aware of and do not have any control over whether roaming is available to mobile phone users. Mobile networks may charge mobile phone users increased fees while roaming.
- Sender ID and optional features.
- We may allow you to customise the sender identification field (“Sender ID”) of MT messages. However, not all mobile networks allow customised Sender ID and some may block SMS messages containing customised Sender ID without notice to us. The transmission of MT messages containing customised Sender ID may fail and we may charge you for delivery of such failed SMS messages. If you want to use more than one verified Sender ID, you can contact our Support centre to enquire about entering into a separate Seder ID agreement with us.
- Some mobile networks allow transmission of SMS messages containing optional features (such as Unicode, concatenation, UDH, alpha numeric characters, numeric characters and binary code) and we may charge you an increased Message Credit Rate for using these features. However, transmission of MT messages may fail if it contains optional features not supported by a mobile network and we may charge you for delivery of such failed MT messages.
- Our Coverage and Carrier Cost pages, available on our website, contain a list of mobile networks that, as far as we know, support customised Sender ID and the various optional features. We will try to update our Coverage and Carrier Cost page immediately if we become aware of any new customised Sender ID or optional feature restrictions. We do not guarantee that these pages are always correct or complete. If you have entered into a special pricing agreement with us, or have a limited account profile, the coverage tables may not be applicable.
- Scheduled maintenance. We may suspend SMS services for up to 6 hours per month for scheduled maintenance of our systems. We will notify you of scheduled maintenance at least 24 hours before it starts.
You are responsible for:
- payment of our fees in accordance with our General Terms and section 4 below;
- cost, installation and management of your connectivity to our systems
- quality and stability of your systems;
- submission of MT messages to our systems in line with the specifications posted on our website and our Rules of Use;
- ensuring that MO messages sent to your Clickatell account is in line with the specifications posted on our website and our Rules of Use;
- provision of information we require to investigate and fix problems with our systems or the service; and
- any other obligations in our Terms.
- Message Credits and Message Credit Rates. Message Credits is the virtual currency in which we charge you for transmission of SMS Messages. The fee for each MT message is an amount of credits (“Message Credit Rate”) which depends on the destination to which the MT message is being sent and the optional features requested by you. For example, on a given date the Message Credit Rate for delivering a MT message to a mobile phone user subscribed to a specific mobile network in France may be 1 (i.e. one Message Credit will be deducted from your account if you send a message to France on that day), while on the same day, transmission of a MT message to a mobile phone user subscribed to a specific mobile network in the UK may be charged at a Message Credit Rate of 0.8 (i.e. 0.8 Message Credits will be deducted from your account if you send a MT message to the UK on that day).
- Price per Message Credit. The current price per Message Credit is available on our website.
- Cost per MT and MO message. Message Credit Rates for each destination are detailed on the Coverage and Carrier Cost pages on our website. We regularly change Message Credit Rates without letting you know. You should check our website regularly to keep up to date with current Message Credit Rates.
- Records. If our records are different from your records regarding the SMS services, our records will apply.
- Expiration. We may expire your Message Credits if your account is inactive. Message Credits are expired in line with the laws of the country in which your billing address is located. We will let you know before we expire any of the Message Credits in your account. This notice will contain an explanation of how you can avoid expiration of your Message Credits.
- Promotional Credits. We may sometimes give you free Message Credits (“Promotional Credits”) for participating in one of our promotions or give-aways. Promotional Credits are limited, non-transferable and do not have a monetary value. It may only be used for our SMS services and may not be exchanged for cash. We may expire or cancel all Promotional Credits in your account if your account is inactive. Promotional Credits may only be held by legal residents of countries where access to and use of our SMS services and Promotional Credits are permitted. We may cancel or suspend Promotional Credits in our sole discretion, without letting you know and without any obligation to reimburse you, if
- you fail to comply with our Terms; or
- we suspect fraud or misuse of our Promotional Credits
- Recipient charges. Recipients may be charged a fee per MO and MT message by mobile networks. You will not be entitled to any portion of these fees.
If you have questions about our SMS services or need technical support, please contact our 24/7 support desk.